domingo, 18 de noviembre de 2007

Cielo lluvioso



Today I went to see 3:10 to Yuma and liked it very, very much. It was quite the bloodbath, though, huh? I have to start by saying I've never liked westerns, but this one had a certain punch to it that made it unique. For starters, it had wonderful performance by both Crowe and Bale - Bale is haunted, needy and the ultimate man of honor, while Crowe is charismatic and just a brilliant villian - both ruthless and charming at the same time. It's certainly not a perfect movie, and aside from falling into over-the-top action scenes at times, it can be too moralizying, but it was really interesting and entertaining and I just really liked the way Ben Wade and Dan Evans ended up circling each other, understanding each other far too much for their liking.

I spent most of the movie wondering just where the hell had I seen the dude playing Charlie Prince before, and seeing that I couldn't remember I started calling him beardy McHottie-pants in my head, AKA the guy with the awesome awesomely sexy white leather jacket I want to own. *cough* Turns out, he was Angel in X3. I guess it's not surprising I couldn't remember, seeing that I usually try and ignore that movie was ever made. Ugh. Seriously, though, what a dream of a role, that trigger-happy psycopath, and he pulled it off it really, really well.

No hay comentarios: