viernes, 26 de octubre de 2007

I--I hadn't seen a movie in nearly a month. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. Is it really me, anyway? Have I been swaped with aliens? How, how is it possible.



I saw Becoming Jane yesterday, and I have to say it was completely charming. The camera work was real good, and there were some really lovely shots. The music was lovely as well - I might have to get part of it. The cinematography was good, but with all the, uh, potential, the sets had, it could've been used better (I am thinking of Pride and Prejudice, which had an astounding photography). Oh, and the acting was wonderful! I was... quite dubious, of Anne Hathaway as Jane Austen, but her accent was actually somewhat decent and she gave a good performance. James McAvoy, on the other hand, was just a joy to watch. Oh, he was so good and cute and I like how he gets inside character's skins - he truly was Tom Lefroy. (Who, by the way, was such a well rounded character - I didn't expect that).

So yes, I liked it lots - it was hopeful and then not and while it still felt a bit on the fantastic side, it still felt quite real. So yes, it draws rather a bit too much from Pride and Prejudice* and it is in no wan an biographical film but it was still pretty good and I smiled throughout it.

No hay comentarios: